The Chesapeake College Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Training specializes in meeting the training needs of employers throughout the region as well as providing lifelong learning opportunities for the general public. A wide range of courses to upgrade skills, develop new skills, or pursue special interests are offered throughout the year at locations in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties.
Annually, we have more than 17,000 registrations in non-credit courses. The College offers people a community resource for exploring new cultural, educational and social experiences. We can provide certificates of completion, continuing education units (CEUs) and preparation for professional certification in such areas as Nursing Assistant and other health related occupations, A+, Cisco, Truck Driving, Welding, and more.
A well-trained workforce contributes to the competitive advantage of the region. Chesapeake College can work with your organization to design, develop and deliver the training you need to meet your productivity and continuous improvement goals. We will meet with you to discuss all your training needs including:
- Customer-specific courses and programs
- Training needs assessment
- Strategic planning
- Cost effective contract or open enrollment opportunities, flexible scheduling, delivery on site and/or at College facilities
- Credit and non-credit courses
Some examples of training options include:
- Heating, Ventilation
- Industrial Maintenance
- Truck Driver Training (CDL)
- Effective guest service
- Safe Food Handling
The above list is not intended to be comprehensive. If your company or organization has a training need, we can work with you to form a partnership that meets your needs.
For more information call 410-827-5850 or 410-822-5400, ext. 5850.
Lifelong learning opportunities are provided to community residents in a variety of areas, including:
- Computers - Information Technology - Bytes
- Health/Medical Programs
- Cosmetology/Nail Technician
- Child Care
- Real Estate
- Institute for Adult Learning
- National External Diploma Program
- English as a Second Language
- Small Business Development Center
- Veterinary Assistant Training
- Personal Enrichment
- Writing Skills
- Youth Programs
Please check the current catalog (PDF) for courses in the above areas.
Community Resources and Partner Agencies